Re: Putting your response first, was: security

Steve <k8sp@...>

Part of the reason for putting your response on top is it is a lot easier to see it with a screen reader than to go to the bottom and work up. But a lot of newsgroups that I'm on with sighted participants, there is a larger group, though not a majority, that put their responses on the bottom.

----- Original Message -----
From: "JM Casey" <crystallogic@...>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@...>
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:18 PM
Subject: Re: Putting your response first, was: Re: security

A bit off topic (though not completely), but the old (read, pre-mass-market-internet) accepted standard seemed to be to put your response after the message to which you were replying, but the current majority preference seems to be the reverse. That said, quoting specific parts of a message to which you intend to respond is a nice habit to get into, though it's hardly necessary for non-technical lists where there's really neither much debate or jargon, like this one.