Re: What Happened To Popular CAPTCHA Solving Tools?

cecropia64

On 6/21/2012 8:09 AM, Rose Combs wrote:
Yes, and Google is a prime example, I spent 30 minutes trying to decipher
their scheme and never got one single letter tried with earphones, turning
up the volume on the computer, tried messing with sound to see if I could
change the pitch or tone and go nowhere at all. I finally just gave up on
it.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@Q.com

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Lisa Larges
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:36 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: RE: What Happened To Popular CAPTCHA Solving Tools?

Hi all,
Lately I've noticed that there is a new version of the audio captcha; it has
a different voice set against the muffled background noise. I have a
extremely difficult time understanding this new voice; to me it is very
indistinct. It could be that it is just set at a frequency that I can't hear
as well.
I'm wondering if others have noticed this change, and whether others are
also having a difficult time with it?

And, I still come across captcha fields with no audio or other alternatives.

I know we're beginning to stray off topic here, but to me there very
related. It seems like this is a good list to pose such questions too.
Lisa