From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2023 7:09 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws not speaking while typing in notepad but does in Word

Hi Karen,

Here's 2 other ways to access the ENU folder.  I'm pointing out these 2 ways in case your AppData folder is hidden in your UserName folder.

#1:

Press, Windows key + R, to open the Run dialog and type, appdata, and press enter.

In the appdata folder navigate to the Roaming subfolder and press enter to open.

Navigate to the, Freedom Scientific, subfolder and press enter.  Navigate to Jaws press enter, navigate to the version of Jawsyou want to access , press enter, press spacebar on, Settings, to select it and press enter, and now You'll be in another list, so in this list find the, ENU, folder.  Now you can simply copy and paste this folder somewhere but, change the name to reflect what Jaws version it is, ENU23, or something like that.

#2:

Open the Jaws context menu, with the keystroke, Insert + J, press the letter, U , to open the, submenu Utilities folder, navigate to the, Explore Utilities Folder,  press enter then, navigate to, Explore My Settings , and this folder holds everything in the ENU folder.  So you can select everything in this folder, copy it to the clipboard, create a new folder and name it ENU2023, and paste everything from the clipboard into it and you'll have an ENU backup doing it this way as well.

Note from a creditor: Dear Sir, Your account has been on our books for over a year.  We want to remind you that we have now carried you longer than your mother did!"