From: tmichals@...
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 4:11 PM
To: jfw@...
Subject: Using Checkboxes with JAWS

Good Afternoon,

I am trying to help my client out with a problem in jaws and a dynamically built html page. I found a page on the internet that shows the error(?) they are getting. Its at http://asiclassroom.org/checkbox.html . The first time the page is loaded the label gets read as well as weather the check box is checked or not. But after that when I click it, jaws does not say the label information again. I do not have a license for JAWS so I can not call Freedom Scientific and ask them if that’s the way JAWS works or if I have something incorrect in my html. Could one of you kind people with jaws open this url and let me know if JAWS should or should not be rereading the label for the field again when the checkbox gets checked or unchecked?

Thank you
Tom Michals