Re: Putting your response first, was: security

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

A bit off topic (though not completely), but the old (read, pre-mass-market-internet) accepted standard seemed to be to put your response after the message to which you were replying, but the current majority preference seems to be the reverse. That said, quoting specific parts of a message to which you intend to respond is a nice habit to get into, though it's hardly necessary for non-technical lists where there's really neither much debate or jargon, like this one.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Smart" <@ve3rwj>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@...>
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 3:54 PM
Subject: Re: Putting your response first, was: Re: security

At 03:16 PM 7/26/2011, you wrote:
I would like to request putting your response at the top of the reply rather than under the original message. This way I don't have to read through the original post again before reading your thoughts.
Ok. I'll try to do so. Most sighted people like it the other way, so I'll adapt depending to which list I am posting.