Re: making an envelope!

Madison Martin

So how do I adjust the template? Ours is an HP OfficeJet Pro 8710

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: November 24, 2022 4:35 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: making an envelope!

Madison,

Just FYI, the issue you describe is impossible to fix unless you're at the computer the person using the template uses and using the printer they do.  There is often a need to adjust either one of those templates such that the return address (as that's where the problem lies) fits at the upper left corner where the specific printer can print it.  This varies from printer to printer, even those by the same maker but where different models are involved.

Once the template is tweaked to work with the printer you actually use, you should be able to use it without issue each and every time.

I doubt you'll find much difference with the built-in templates, as the issue is the same with these.  Depending on how closely placed to the actual envelope corner the return address happens to be, and where the printer can actually start printing, cut-offs can occur.

The templates I developed use a Canon TS6320 as the model they print on without any cut-off occurring.
--

Brian Virginia, USA Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 22H2, Build 19045

If you cannot or will not imagine the results of your actions, there’s no way you can act morally or responsibly.  Little kids can’t do it; babies are morally monsters — completely greedy. Their imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.

         ~ Ursula LeGuin, 2005 Interview in The Guardian