Moderated Re: making a master spreadsheet with Excel

Ann Byrne

Absolutely. Create the spread sheet according to your exact specs, and save it as a .xltx file.

At 12:38 PM 11/5/2022, you wrote:
Yes I could and did. I was simply wondering if there was a more elegant solution, such as making a spreadsheet a template.

Gene...

On 11/5/2022 1:26 PM, Howard Traxler wrote:
Can't you just make the file a "rad only" file? Then when you load it, it'll force you to change its name in order to save it again.

Howard
On 11/5/2022 11:32 AM, Gene Warner wrote:
Hi everyone!

Have you got your Power Ball tickets yet? :-)

This question isn't about using Excel with JAWS so if there is a resource where I can learn how to do what I'm looking for, just point me to it and I'll take it from there.

What I want to do is create a spreadsheet that doesn't allow me to save back to it unless I got through an extra step or save it as a certain type of spreadsheet. Instead it loads as untitled forcing me to save it somewhere else or under a different name than what I loaded it under. I think this would be called a template, but I'm not sure. Basically the spreadsheet I'll create will have all the text labels and all the formulas in it, but no data. Then after I have added data, I would look at the results and either not save the spreadsheet with data or save it under a different name.

I hope that all makes some kind of sense.

Thanks!
Gene...

Join {main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.