Re: Need Jaws scripts or helpful hints for working with Lotus Notes e-mail

Marten Post Uiterweer

Tom,

Try if you can use nlnotes.exe to start Lotus notes insteat of notes.exe.
You have to change the shortcut.

Regards, marten

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 21:25:16 -0400 "Tom Behler" <tombehler@...> wrote:

Hello, all.

At my place of work, we have been using Lotus Notes e-mail for years, and I
have struggled to make it accessible with Jaws with varying degrees of
success.

Recently, however, the situation has worsened.

The University has upgraded to Lotus Notes 8.5.3, and I am finding my
various trategies for using Jaws with it not to work in many instances.

For example, when I now go to my e-mail inbox, and hit enter on a message
from my message list, I can't read down through the message. My PC cursor
stops at the text of the message, and will not go any further. The only way
I can read the message is to pretend that I am replying to it, after which I
can scroll down through the message's initial text.

In addition, I'm finding it next to impossible to find and access
attachments from the various e-mails I receive.

I have called FS about this, and they have not been very helpful. I think
this is because Lotus Notes is not an e-mail program with which they work
every day.

I have consulted the Jaws Help Topics on Lotus Notes, and it seems as though
I have things configured as they suggest.

I am using Jaws 13.0.924 with Windows 7 at the office.

Does anyone have any Jaws scripts for Lotus Notes, or any helpful hints for
optimizing Jaws with it?

Thanks for whatever info or thoughts you can provide.

Sincerely,
Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan