moderated Re: Sound settings do not appear to be turned on in Safe Mode in Windows 10

Annabelle Susan Morison

I wonder, will this file of Sound in Safe Mode let JAWS run in there? Or is it just for Narrator and NVDA?

On 10/16/2022 8:07 AM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

On Sun, Oct 16, 2022 at 10:56 AM, Dave Durber wrote:
Once I have finished doing what I need to do in Safe Mode, and I need to return my Windows 10 system back to standard Windows mode
-
I repeat:  Remember that after you've done the boot into Safe Mode with Networking, you have to invoke MSCONFIG while you're in Safe mode and activate the Normal startup radio button in the General Tab in order to get the computer back to booting typically.  Otherwise you end up booting into Safe Mode (with Networking) repeatedly until you do so.

The registry edits have nothing whatsoever with making the machine boot into safe mode, they just make it possible to have sound while in safe mode.  It's the choice on the MSCONFIG General tab that indicates the system startup type.  And when you've changed the bits on the Boot tab to have Safe Mode at boot, the radio button on the general tab is automatically switched to the third radio button, "Selective Startup", with it's first two checkboxes checked.  (And it stays that way unless you reactivate the Normal startup radio button).
--

Brian Virginia, USA Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.