moderated Re: Access Clasic Taskbar Settings In Windows 10?

Annabelle Susan Morison

Hey TJ!
I know someone with that name. I had a classmate in Audio Engineering back in 2008-2009 whose name is TJ. I wonder, is Keynote Gold a Linux-based screenreader? I once used a Braille Note, at least I think that's what they're called. It was the first version of a laptop I had in school. It came with Keysoft, which has a word processor, a scientific calculator, a diary, an address book, a communications terminal, and some other neat stuff. In addition to an Address List, the address book even included parameters for making things like a Book Catalog, an Inventory, a Membership List, and a Music Catalog. I even used Megadots, an early version of a Braille Translator software, which worked in conjunction with a Braille Blazer Embosser. Remember those?

On 10/08/2022 6:27 PM TJ McElroy gMail <mcelroy.tj@...> wrote:

Hi Glen,

You are correct,
Linux is not as resource hungry as say Windows, but to have a speaking version of Linux is not easy for some folks,

In my opinion, Windows screen readers are far superior to Linux screen readers

to learn a new operating system and a new screen reader at the same time was not that easy.

I guess that it all depends on why someone would want to learn Linux.

I guess the older I get, the lazier I get.

I like the idea of learning more Linux  skills without the hassle of having to learn a new screen reader at the same time.

I will say though, I plan to learn more about some of the Linux  systems that have been mentioned in this thread, especially for being able to recover a corrupted system.

TJ

On 10/8/2022 8:51 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:
One solution to people who don't want to throw out an old computer is to install Linux onto it.
Linux is not as resource hungry as windows, and can run on older machines that windows struggles with.
Glenn