moderated Re: Annabelle - Your Windows Woes

Annabelle Susan Morison

How would you be able to tell when a solid state drive fails? I've only had this machine since 2021.

On 10/08/2022 11:04 AM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

I decided to split this out into a topic of its own.  Too much is getting "shaken and stirred" on the originating topic.

Have you checked what the state of your system drive is?  And by that I mean using the utility of your choosing to look at SMART data and/or do a quick scan.

There is at least a decent chance that your system drive is in the process of failing, as that's one reason that you would be asked for Windows Media when attempting to boot.  The other could be a corrupt boot record, but I'd definitely suspect a drive that's on its way out first.
--

Brian Virginia, USA Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.