moderated Re: Web context Menu

Annabelle Susan Morison

Hey Gene!
I tried that setting, and when I pressed Enter, Microsoft Edge just stood there and did nothing!

On 10/07/2022 5:23 AM Gene Warner <genewarner3@...> wrote:

A simple solution that works for me and some other list members is to
change the JAWS setting "Link activation" from "simulates mouse click"
to "send enter key". You can find this setting in the settings center
under "Web/HTML/PDFs" > "Miscellaneous". You can get to the settings
center by pressing JAWS+6.

Gene...

On 10/6/2022 11:56 PM, Bill White wrote:
Hi, Karen. Microsoft Edge is broken right now, and when you try to click
on some elements of webpages, it sends a right click instead of a left
click, causing the context menu to come up. It's as if you pressed your
Applications key or SHIFT plus F10. The only way this will be fixed is
for Microsoft or Freedom Scientific to come up with a solution.

Bill White

billwhite92701@... <mailto:billwhite92701@...>

*From:*main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] *On Behalf Of
*Karen Reynolds
*Sent:* Thursday, October 6, 2022 7:53 PM
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io
*Subject:* Web context Menu

Hi,

Using the latest version of Jaws, Windows 10 and Edge, when I go to
gmail.com and press enter on my e-mail account to go to the page to
enter the password, a dialog box pops up called the “Web Context Menu”.
I press escape and it puts me right back to where I was at my e-mail
address.

I’ve rebooted, looked in settings, and it still pops up. It worked
perfectly two nights ago. It works fine in Firefox. And more
importantly, if I turn Jaws off, it works correctly. Ideas of what is wrong?

Karen