From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com
[mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com] On Behalf Of Terrilynne
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 8:23 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Cc: tl1@ml1.net
Subject: JAWS and OCR

Hi all,
I am currently using jaws 10 and thinking of upgrading to jaws 13. So I
am trying a demo of JAWS 13, and am very interested in its possible
ability to read .pdf documents. Can anyone tell me if the newest latest
jaws programs reads .pdf files? And what does this mean? Does it read
.pdf documents which are just images? Or does it have to be saved as
text? And if the answer is that it has to be saved as text, then Adobe
already did that. If, however, it should be able to read a document
which has been saved as an image, can anyone tell me how to get the
program to work. Because it is currently just telling me that it is an
empty document, just as the jaws 10 does.

I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks,
TerriLynne