Re: password managers

david Jennette

It’s not free but I’ve found 1password to be accessible. It works with Pc’s as well as I-Os devices. You have to create an account and everything sinks threw that. When you create the account it generates a key so even if someone were to guess the password to the account, they’re not getting in do to not having that key.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Weiss via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 8:08 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: password managers

PW Safe works well and is free for Windows.  The iOS version is very accessible but there is a one time charge for the app.  You can share the database between your iOS device and Windows using dropbox but there is a charge for that feature.  You can also install iCloud for Windows and access the database across both platforms and that option is free.  I have been using PW Safe on my Mac, iPhone and Win 10/11 machines for about 10 years without any issue.

Stascom is no longer supported and I don’t think they have updated the code in over 2 years.  PW Safe is actively being developed.

HTH,

Jim Weiss

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.” - Theodor Geisel (Dr. Seuss)

On Sep 21, 2022, at 12:54 AM, Drew Hunthausen <dhunthausen@...> wrote:

Hi list,

Which password managers are the most accessible with Jaws and also have an Accessible IOS app? Has anyone used “dashlane” before? Thanks for any info.