moderated Re: Getting rid of Braille and text editors
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Hi again, Tom. OK, I found something which is more likely what you are looking for, to turn off braille and text editors.
1. Go to the JAWS window with JAWS key plus J.
2. Bring up the JAWS Utilities screen.
3. Arrow up once to Braille Viewer and Text Editor Submenu, and press ENTER.
4. Make sure Show Braille Viewer, and Show Text Viewer are both unchecked.
5. Unchecking these items is not done in the normal manner with the Space Bar. Instead, if either of these is checked, press Enter on each one to uncheck it. This may involve going back into the Braille Viewer and Text Editor Submenu, because pressing Enter to uncheck these items will kick you out of that submenu.
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of T. Civitello
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2022 11:32 AM
Subject: Getting rid of Braille and text editors
For some reason whenever I start Jaws the Braille and text editor starts and shows on the running program list. I must have changed something in the Jaws settings that has caused this but I can’t figure out when and where I did it. Anyone know where this setting is? Tom