moderated Re: Excel 2016

John Doering

Chris:

Did as you indicated below.  Still no Joy, but thanks for the help.

Regards,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063
Mobile:
445 S Curtis Rd West Allis, WI 53214
https://ibvi.org

Industries for the Blind & Visually Impaired accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Chaffin
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2022 8:29 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Excel 2016

External Message - Use caution when opening links or attachments

Ok, hopefully this might help.

Auto Formula complete will only work if the setting, Allow editing directly in cells, is turned on.

So here is where to find both settings.

Turn on / off Auto Formula complete (check if turned on).

Go to File, Options, then in the list, arrow down to formulas.

Then tab about 5 or 6 times until you get to the auto complete check box.  Again, needs to be checked.

Next, turn on allow editing directly in cells.

Go to file, options, and in the list arrow down to advanced.

Then tab about 6 or 7 times until you hear, allow editing directly in cells checkbox.  Again, this must be turned on in order for the auto formula complete to work.

I have tested this on my system, and if both of these settings are on, then it works just fine.

Hope this helps.

Chris

On Aug 15, 2022, at 8:13 AM, John Doering <john.doering@...> wrote:

Brian and Robin:

I was not able to get either of your suggestions to work.

Alt down arrow while in a formula after hitting F2 or while trying to create a formula, does not seem to toggle what I need.

I also could not find the formula auto complete.

Could either of you please give me step by step to find the formula auto complete check box?

Thanks,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063
Mobile:
445 S Curtis Rd West Allis, WI 53214
https://ibvi.org

Industries for the Blind & Visually Impaired accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2022 11:17 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Excel 2016

External Message - Use caution when opening links or attachments

Robin,

It's probably the formula autocomplete checkbox.  I didn't know, until I just checked, that this feature can be toggled on/off while editing formulas by hitting ALT + Down Arrow.

It is ON by default, and I'll bet at one point an ALT + Down Arrow was hit during a formula editing that toggled it off.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
     ~ Lauren Bacall

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.