From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: 14 August 2022 03:06
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS and SAPI conflicts

Ah. I thought JAWS itself had an option to turn its own audio ducking on or off, within the settings. Maybe I am wrong. I am using an old version of JAWS, so can't check. It's certainly inactive on my Win 10 system though.
Plenty of programmes made without screen-readers in mind are totally accessible -- but I don't suppose it would occur to someone creating software for mainstream use that uses a kind of voice alert, to suppose that someone might actuallyb e accessing the computer generally with voice output.