From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene Warner
Sent: 14 August 2022 00:18
To: JAWS support list <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: JAWS and SAPI conflicts

Hi everyone!

I have a small program that sits in the system tray, also known as the notification area, called Pop Peeper, it monitors my email account(s) and notifies me if there are any new messages waiting. I have it set up to notify me by voice with the subject of the new messages and it uses SAPI 5.

Inter JAWS. If JAWS is speaking and Pop Peeper wants to speak, it does, but JAWS' audio ducking almost mutes it so I miss what it was saying.
Oddly enough, if Pop Peeper is speaking and JAWS wants to talk, it wait's until Pop Peeper is done speaking before it takes over.

So, I'm wondering if there is a way to get the SAPI 5 voice being used by Pop Peeper to wait for JAWS just as JAWS waits for it.

If any one has any ideas, I'd appreciate hearing about them.

Thanks!
Gene...