moderated Re: Cannot read JAWS update windows

Adrian Spratt

Which includes your current version of JAWS.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene Warner
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2022 12:15 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Cannot read JAWS update windows

I can't help you with your problem because I've never had that problem, but I can tell you that in order to reduce the size of the installer, Vispero has removed the installer's self voiced capability, so you will have to have an external screen reader running to access the dialogs of the installer.

Gene...

On 8/15/2022 12:08 PM, Karl Proud via groups.io wrote:
Hi,

So after getting an update message I am unable to get the update
installed. First of all, after dealing with the UAC, the list of
updates shows no option to highlight. However, knowing that something
is there I can press space and even though no detail of the chosen
update is spoken and install button can be pressed. When the Jaws
install window opens you would expect the self-voicing install prompts
to begin but unfortunately not. Even though I have Jaws running at the
time I cannot access any controls on the window and therefore cannot
proceed. Turning Jaws off and switching to Narrator doesn’t give me
access to the window either. On the odd occasion turning off Jaws has
brought the self-voicing window to life, but not lately.

I have had this experience on more than one machine running Windows 10.

Has anyone else had this experience and more importantly been able to
fix it without just having to install a fresh copy each time there is
an update.

Regards to you all,

Karl